Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Three Beautiful Things...

Life around here moves at a frantic pace, and sometimes I feel like we gloss over the little moments that make life beautiful, and well, livable. So, I'm instituting my own list of Three Beautiful Things. I'll try to post them daily.

1) Evelyn, on the change table at bath time. Blissfully naked, rolling from side to side, stretching her arms and legs, gurgling with joy. Singing her song, Robin in the Rain, in the bath, watching her chubby little hands try to catch the water as it drips from the washcloth;

2) Coming home from our pre-dinner amble, Sally, babies, Puppy and I, and opening the front door into the heady aroma of curry. Edward had made one of his signature dishes. Earlier on in the day, he walked to the Parkdale market to buy some sprigs of cilantro: "I had to buy the whole potted plant", he said, a little sheepishly.

2a) Setting the table for a guest for the fifth day in a row;

3) Being left alone with still restless babies while Edward was out this evening. Feeling calm, confident and capable in settling them with a pat and a kiss... a moment almost eight months in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment