Sunday, May 22, 2011

3BT: Perfect Corner, Peaceful Dinner, Lilacs in Bloom

1: On our walk this afternoon, we passed one of my favourite homes in the neighbourhood. We are surrounded by lots of old houses in various states of (dis)repair, but this one was a shambles. It's not grand by any means, but it sits on its original double lot with its original storm door, windows and clapboard and a pea-gravel drive. Someone with an obvious green thumb has bought and restored it. The garden is neatly weeded but wild - the quintessential cottage garden. The windows are crammed with coloured glass and baubles, and framed with vintage handkerchief curtains. Lovely.

2: The babies sat quietly in their feeding chairs, playing with their toys and watching my mother, father, Edward and I enjoy our Sunday meal. I love that we can have dinner as a family - all seven of us squeezed around our kitchen table.

3: The beautiful purple lilacs my father gave me. They fill the house with their fragrance and look wonderful sitting on our kitchen counter.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I love the smell of lilacs - lovely :)

    ReplyDelete