Thursday, May 19, 2011

3BT: Worm Love, Look What I Can Do, Sunny Greetings

1: Stole a few sunny minutes in the garden this afternoon. I pulled several weeds and noticed big, fat worms tangled up in the roots. Our diligent composing and soil amendments have paid off! When I bought the house five years ago, the backyard was a wasteland complete with an above-ground pool, under which was layers of compacted sand and gravel (aka concrete) that had to be dug out by hand (yay Lorne and Arthur!). I love my garden refuge, and will miss it terribly...

2: The look on Colin's face when I finally cajoled him into sitting in his crib. His philosophy: why sit when you can stand?! However, he humoured me - and then the widest smile crept across his face. His eyes crinkled in happiness and it was clear he was thrilled with his accomplishment. His little hands feverishly worked to unhitch himself from my steadying grasp, although he's still too wiggly to sit on his own.

3: A respite from the doom and gloom weather we've had all week. The sun broke through the clouds, leaving traces of blue sky. While Edward took Puppy home to start dinner, the babies and I continued our walk through a recently refurbished park. A small girl in a school uniform said to her even smaller brother: "Oh look, there's Ben!", and in her best gown-up voice called out: "Ben, how ARE you? So NICE to see you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment