Monday, May 16, 2011

Saying Goodbye


This past weekend, my mother's family lost its reigning matriarch, my great aunt Hilda. Hilda was one of my grandfather's sisters. Feisty, intelligent, and the definition of ageless youth and vitality, Hilda lived on her own in Toronto until she was hospitalized last week with heart problems. I would hazard to say that at almost 97 years old, she was the oldest reader of this blog - and certainly the most impatient! We would often get e-mails from her requesting updates if we hadn't posted in a while. Hilda always impressed me with her contemporary thoughts and opinions. She had a enviably sharp wit and a robust sense of humour.

She passed away peacefully, with her children present. Our deepest condolences to John, Kathleen, Elizabeth and their families. She will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sandra - thank you so much for your post about our mother - I really appreciated your sincerity and insight - love to you, Edward and the children - Kathleen

    ReplyDelete