Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Overheard...

... while I was making dinner, and Edward was helping them with their puzzles at the dining room table:

Edward:  Evelyn, where is another piece with a cloud on it?
Evelyn:  I have no idea.
Edward:  Here's one... Keith!  Get off the table!
Evelyn:  I need help!!
Edward:  Okay, how abo- Keith! Get off the table!
Colin:  I touch lamp!
Edward:  No, we don't touch the lamp.  Keith!!  Get off the table!
Evelyn: I NEED HEEEELLLLP!!!! **
Keith:  I find piece with digger!
Edward:  That's a tractor.
Evelyn:  I NEED HEEEELLLLP, DADDY!!
Colin:  I touch lamp!
Edward:  No, we don't touch the lamp.  KEITH!  Get off the table!!

And so it goes.

** Delivered with the rising pitch shriek that only Evelyn can master.  A few days ago, when Evelyn was having one of her frequent moments of.. um... "pique", Edward could hear her outside from four houses away, in winter with all the windows shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment