Sunday, February 24, 2013

Baby Z Update



Here we are, at almost 24 weeks.  More than half way there, and I have yet to get my act together and start any of the crafty projects I have lined up for this little one's sleeping "nook" in Edward and my bedroom.   Despite having collected a ton of baby items over the last few years, I actually have to purchase a few new things; a carseat, single stroller and some clothing among them.  In fact, the month I found out I was pregnant, I purged almost all of the 0-18 month baby clothes I had.  But at least this time around, I know how little I need to keep this one dressed.  Especially considering s/he will be born in the early summer.

I had my doctor's appointment on Thursday, and in addition to being told that we're chugging along nicely, I was given my c-section date.  Yep, Baby Z's final eviction notice will be served on June 14th, which is also my niece Siobhan's third birthday.  As a neat aside, my nephew Liam was born on August 14th, and our trio on September 25th; which means that should our last addition actually arrive as planned, my family will only have to remember two numerical birth dates for 6 kids.

Otherwise, baby and I are hanging in.  Much to my surprise (and delight), I'm only up 14 pounds at the midway point in my pregnancy.  I look pretty much as big as I did with the triplets, though, because as my doctor put it, once you've "been there and done that", your body happily returns to the same pre-stretched state.  The baby's favourite place to hang out is still face down, so I'm getting the majority of the kicks to my bladder.  Edward did feel the baby move for the first time last weekend, but due to the baby's positioning, external kicks are still hard to feel - although I feel them, usually between 2-4am.

I'm starting to slow down a little, although I'm still making it to Zumba on Wednesday nights and I'm able to keep up.  We'll see how things progress over the next 16 weeks, but here's hoping I can continue to stay moderately active!


No comments:

Post a Comment