Monday, February 4, 2013

I'll Take It!


Our week has been a panoply of colds, fevers and hospital treks, none of which have been too serious, thankfully, but we're definitely feeling a little run over down.  We survived the domino effect of tummy troubles followed by colds - Evelyn was the last to get a cold tonight, so that officially places us all in recovery mode.  A small but significant accomplishment.  

I ended up visiting Labour and Delivery on Friday afternoon because I was having some unsettling aches and pains.  They are monitoring two potential issues that cropped up, but I feel much better now.  The baby was active and happily bopping around, and everything else measured up fine.  

Last night, my parents came over to enjoy Edward's delicious lasagna.  My cough really started to rile my asthma, and so I found myself at the Civic yet again, this time in the Emergency with a pretty bad attack.  I haven't had one in several years, but it's hard to forget or miss that panicky feeling of not being able to breathe properly.  Or talk.  And, as everyone knows, the latter is much more of a travesty for me!  After several hours of peak-flow reading and various inhalers, I made it home for midnight.   But, well, restless Ducklings, and breathing issues plus coughing and pregnancy insomnia does not make for a very (read: any) good sleep.  

Today, Edward and I had a moment to sample the cake my parents brought over last night for dessert, and we came across this:




Sure, it's no Jesus at Timmy's, and it is completely flukey, but it made us smile.  And that, we'll take!!

No comments:

Post a Comment