Thursday, September 23, 2010

31 weeks....

Not counting today or c-section day, we have a mere 21 DAYS until we meet the triplets! I can't believe how close we are :)

Yesterday, Edward and I went for our 31 week biophysical ultrasound and consult. These are much shorter appointments because they don't have to laboriously identify and measure everyone's femurs and bellies (although the tech did note Baby B's very round tummy!) and other sundry appendages. As well, the doctor we had in place of our regular OB was in with us for only a few minutes. His overall summary of yesterday's results - ultrasound, my blood pressure and heartrates - was that our next pregnancy should be quads so that we can be "challenged" a little. Um. Eeek. We chose to take it as a back-handed compliment!

The babies continue to do well. They were extremely active, but the tech commented that they were actually presenting beautifully, and as such, were quite easy to see on-screen. Baby B and C's legs intersect just above my belly button, so when one of them starts kicking, it turns into a free-for-all. They like doing this in the wee small hours of the morning. I probably notice it more because I'm up more... Edward calls it my nocturnal meanderings. I get pretty uncomfortable lying in bed (or in any position) these days, and feel the need to get up and stumble about. Hopefully, my new heartburn medication will help a little. It doesn't seem to matter what or when I eat anymore (although sadly, a huge culprit is tea!), my heartburn/reflux was getting to the point that my inner ears burned, too, and I'd wake up coughing and choking. In the battle for real estate between Baby C and my stomach, my stomach lost. Getting in and out of bed is also a trial - it isn't easy to cold lift 185+ pounds off a pillow-top mattress!! Ah well, not too much longer; and really, these symptoms are par for the course!

Today, my mother is coming over to tackle the nursery. Edward assembled the cribs and placed the mattresses, but the room is chock-full of baby items... it's also still doing double-duty to a small extent as storage. I'm hoping to take some pictures of the progress we make, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I was so disappointed to learn that I would miss the shower - Malia and I were out of town. I'm really happy to hear that it was a success though and I can't wait to see pics of the nursery! : )
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear things are looking great at 31 weeks!!! Yea!!

    ReplyDelete