Friday, June 26, 2015

Update

We've been very busy gearing up for the last few days of school, and now summer has finally, officially arrived!  The kids have a long list of fun things they want to do, including a making a lemonade stand (I think we have a few business-minded offspring....), traveling on a double-decker city bus, and spending the afternoon at the wading pool with a picnic.  It all sounds wonderful, and I can hardly wait to get outside!

Unfortunately, my father has had a setback on his stellar road to recovery.   On Wednesday, he had an excellent day, and even managed to get to the physio gym under his own steam, with a walker.  But that night, he had a seizure; followed by another possible seizure Thursday morning and now he is in the Intensive Care Unit.   While his vitals look great, and the tests came back very positively (no changes in his brain, no ongoing seizures), he has yet to regain consciousness.  We are very much in a wait and see situation, as his neurologist cannot explain why my father isn't rebounding now that he is stable.

At present, he is inaccessible to anyone but immediate family, but should that change, I will update accordingly.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your father's situation. I hope that he can overcome the obstacles in front of him now. The brain can do amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending prayers for all of you - yr cousin Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies. I deeply appreciate your thoughts and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete