Monday, September 12, 2011

Holy Crap... We Lost a Nap!

My apologies for another photo-less post, but as the bottles cool for their 4pm feed I wanted to pop in to say that we have officially lost our morning nap. I could tell last week that we were at a crossroads, because every day a baby (or two) would decide to forego their morning slumber. But as of Saturday, they went on (nap) strike, and no amount of negotiating would sway them. The turning point seemed to be Evelyn's ability to pull herself up in her crib. Colin and she would spend a good chunk of time chatting to each other across the room, while Keith rolled around in his crib, chiming in every now and again loudly.

So, this morning, after trying unsuccessfully to get them to settle, I dressed them and took everyone to the nearest Early Years Centre with a drop-in play group. They met a 6 month old baby, and crawled around looking for things and people to pull up on. It was pretty busy for me, but all the other parents were very helpful and kept an eye out for Colin and/or Evelyn when my hands were full. They seemed to enjoy the story circle!

I have playgroups all week that I can go to, so we'll see how we do tomorrow morning. Keith is the least enthusiastic about dropping his nap, but as is often the case with my Pumpkin, he kinda gets taken along for the ride. Perhaps tomorrow we'll go to the park and visit the baby swings. They are a hit with my daredevil Evelyn and her accomplice, Keith. Colin isn't so sure... he's yet to figure out the laws of gravity and finds the whole scenario a little dangerous. He spends most of his time staring up at the swing mechanism, no doubt wondering if it will hold :P

1 comment:

  1. The good thing about it is that you get to go out and do more things....and....they sleep longer in that afternoon nap.

    ReplyDelete