Wednesday, September 14, 2011

....And We Found Our Nap

Flexibility is key in this whole baby business! The babies are snoring quietly as I type. Except for poor Colin, who is snuffling and gasping. I think this is why they've decided to nap - Colin is now coughing a lot of the night, and is keeping everyone up. They're exhausted, and so are we :( I took him to the doctor yesterday, who proclaimed him "a mess". With his persistent and spreading eczema, his perpetually runny nose and his wheezing, he certainly looks worse for wear. So, the doctor sent us home with a stronger medication for his skin and a Ventolin inhaler, and diagnosed him with asthma. As an asthmatic myself, this is a hard thing to hear. Hopefully, it will clear up as he gets older.

We raised his crib even higher, and last night at 12:30 gave him saline nasal spray and then again at 2:30 and tried out his inhaler. I'm not sure if any of this is helping, as his allergies seem to come and go in waves. I'm currently battling through a small cold, so here's hoping everyone is healthy for Saturday, and that we get a little rest in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment