Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Here, Fishy Fishy!

As an addendum to yesterday's post... we decided to try the cod again. And of course, Keith spit it out, Evelyn had a second helping and Colin nearly polished off his bowlful. Yep. The exact opposite of what happened the last time they crossed spoons with cod and squash.

Sigh. I guess I'm glad they keep us guessing! Now, if only we'd be wrong about our bet that Keith can't make it through the night without waking at least once. Yesterday, it was at 2am for half an hour and I finally caved and fed the poor creature ;) Tipping the scales at almost 19 pounds, Keith is not going to starve without a midnight snack... he only THINKS he will. Edward stopped the midnight "dream feed" last week when I was in Edmonton visiting my sister and her kids. I don't think our wee Keith got that memo! While he often awoke for a kiss and a cuddle even with the midnight top-up, last night he was just plain hungry. And there was no way he'd settle without a bite to eat. He downed 180 mls without stopping, gave a satisfied stretch and then drifted off to sleep, snoring gently. Meanwhile, there was a certain calamity around him as his loud protestations woke Evelyn and Colin, so I spent some time getting them settled as well. Never a dull moment!

We'll see what happens tonight! Any bets?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment