Friday, September 25, 2015

Wow... Happy Fifth Birthday... and a Very Fond Farewell



Here we are.

Wow.

Five years ago, I couldn't even imagine the moment recorded above.   I was - we were - so incredibly, happily naive, and yet, here we are.  Older yes, hopefully wiser.  As so many know, there is a wistfulness to all of this; a tendency to look backwards.

But there are even more reasons to look forwards.  We do, and the kid's joie de vivre carries us along in the current.  How fortunate we are.  And I think that is one of the greatest gifts of perspective:  knowing just how fortunate we are.

I knew when I started putting my thoughts to pixel that this was a finite thing.  I had a story to share.  But now, I feel increasingly that it is no longer my story to tell.  I certainly cannot tell it with Evelyn's dramatic flair, Colin's creative complexities and Keith's wild exuberance.  And, of course, there is Malcolm, reminding us all that it's "MY TURN TO TALK".

So, I will step aside.  I've had my time to talk for them and about them.  It is, truly, their turn.

Thank you for sharing our journey.








2 comments:

  1. A very Happy Birthday to Colin, Keith and Evelyn. It has been wonderful reading about the family's updates for the past 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this, almost. I stumbled across your blog after talking to our mutual friend Jackie M and I'm glad I did! It looks like you are doing great, and what adventures you've had. What a great looking family. Wishing you all the best! Scott K

    ReplyDelete