Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Overheard

This morning, as I was getting Colin up for school:

Me:  Colin, please get dressed.  I have to run into the shower in a minute.
Colin: (places a hand on my arm) Okay, Mummy, but please be careful.  The shower can be very slippery.

Yesterday, as I was explaining to Keith the increased police presence and traffic in our neighbourhood, due to a man who had barricaded himself inside an apartment:

Me:  Keith, there's a man who has locked himself in his house because he's upset
Keith:  Wow, is he in a very dark place?
Me:  Well, yes, I suppose you'd have to be in a pretty dark place to do something like that....
Keith:  .... dark like puppy's fur, maybe?
Me:  ..um...
Keith:  Oh, I know! (voice of awe)  Maybe he's being chased by slime!

No comments:

Post a Comment