Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Overheard

All of us are in the car, coming home from Nana and Opa's place on Sunday night:

Colin:  Mummy and Daddy, I have a good idea!
Me:  What's that, Colin?
Colin:  We can drive on the road, and if there is ice, we can skate!
Me and Edward:  Wow, that is a great idea, Colin!
Colin: (loooong pause) Um, you're welcome for my idea.

**************

Evelyn, this afternoon, running around upstairs talking on her pretend cellphone:

Evelyn:  Hi Opa, how are you?  Oh! (laughs) That's not a good idea!

A few minutes later...

Evelyn:  Opa!  (in a very annoyed tone) WHY do you keep calling me?  Silly Opa.

*************

Keith, after his bath tonight:

Keith:  Mummy, can you sing "Doctor Harold" with me?
Me:  "Doctor Harold"?  I don't know that song.  How does it go?
Keith:  You know... "Doctor Harold... holly.... falalalala lalalala...."

No comments:

Post a Comment