Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

We had a wonderful Christmas this year, and we felt privileged to be able to share it with Edward's parents, sisters and my parents, too.   A lot of photos were taken, and I picked a few that would give a flavour of the action-packed, yet still surprisingly restful, days that surrounded Christmas 2012:

Auntie Jane came down from Toronto a couple of days early, so we managed to take advantage of a fresh blanket of sticky snow to make our first snowman in the backyard:




Aunt Jane provided the muscle to get the snowman assembled.  Here I am adding grapes for the eyes.  Keith merrily ate them, and so we moved to Plan B...


Colin and the second incarnation of the snowman, with pebbles and cedar leaves as eyes/eyelashes.  Keith tried to eat those, too, but they didn't prove as tasty.


Not everyone was enamoured with being cold and wet



But we still had fun playing peekaboo


Auntie Jane's presence also meant that I had time to finish the felt board I made for Christmas.  I got the idea for the board and some basic shapes from this blog.  Of course, I had to add the OpaNanaCar, as well as Sprocket (the black, spikey, slightly devilish-looking creature against the barn).  You may notice that almost every vehicle has a steering wheel and a door handle.  For whatever reason, those items are a must in Keith's opinion.  The Ducklings love it!  We already had Sprocket driving the ambulance.  I'll add more shapes as inspiration and demand strike.

 Grammy, Colin and Keith enjoying the wonderful family photo album that Aunt Pinie put together.  If there's anything the Ducklings like better than seeing pictures of family, it's seeing a picture of Monkey!

This is what Christmas morning looked like.  We waited until the kids were in bed on Christmas Eve before we put up the tree in an effort to minimize the potential for damage by grabby toddler hands.  Colin didn't participate fully in the experience, as you'll see, because he wasn't feeling well.  He woke up with a fever and was out of sorts for most of the day.  Happily, he's feeling much better today.





Keith getting down to business.  Santa brought him a huuuge digger.



Santa brought Evelyn a new "baby".  We hope it will tide her over until, say, the end of June when she'll have the real thing to play with....


Yes, that's right!  Edward and I are over-the-moon and tickled pink to announce the pending arrival of our best DIY project to date:  Baby Z.  I'm half-way through my 14th week of pregnancy and the baby (and Mama) are doing really well.  We'll get our next peek at baby at the end of January, so stay tuned.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2013!

6 comments:

  1. AHHHHHhhhhhh! Congratulations! What a surprise! you would think that triplets would stem that urge for more...but I suppose since you already got all that stuff... ;) Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Oh yes, there are days.... Oo. We were always open to the idea of having another child, but - ironically - the month I got pregnant, I conceded that that was likely not going to happen, so I consigned/donated almost every item of 0-18m clothing I had, and all my maternity clothes. The carseats are also long gone. I think Edward and I spent most of the first trimester trying to wrap our minds around it all, although I was feeling pretty under the weather at times, so the reality was impossible for me to ignore. We're still cautiously optimistic, but beyond grateful for our happy surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! How wonderful for you guys! Congratulations and best wishes for a super easy remainder of the pregnancy and a beautiful delivery. Ahem... we still have Petite's car seat, base and stroller set, if you're interested. Keep us all posted please! Love to the whole gang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Gil! Very generous of you! I'll let you know if we end up needing those items. I'm hoping to recoop a little cash on Kijiji by selling a few surplus items of furniture currently cluttering the basement. Yet another project. Is it me, or can nesting kick in this early??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's fantastic news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's crazy! And amazingly fantastic. Congratulations to the whole family!

    Konrad & Carrie

    ReplyDelete