Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Colours



I have to admit to having a bit of tree envy in our very densely foliated neighbourhood.  Last year was our first fall in the new house, so as the trees around us turned the most magnificent shades of red and orange, I waited in eager anticipation for the metamorphosis of our own maple tree on the front lawn.  I waited and waited - the other trees were basically bare by this point, and I was convinced the leaves on our tree were just going to go brown and fall off.  It turns out that we have a late bloomer.  However, last year, I was nonplussed by the sallow, pale colour they finally turned.  But this year, the leaves have gone this deep, luminescent yellow that just glows on the tree.  So pretty!  My photo doesn't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment